Friday 14 March 2014

A Trip To The Pharmacy



Our last day in New Orleans was accompanied by an occasional drizzle with gusts of wind. But nothing a good ol' umbrella couldn't handle. We decided to check out the Pharmacy Museum on Chartres St.. Initially, I expected to see voodoo related medications and remedies but to my dismay, that notion was short lived. The museum showcased different tools, instruments and medication that was used in the olden days before all the modernized technology was available. 

I wasn't completely let down when I saw these bottles of potions. They were encased in a shelf with labels for "love", "flying", "peace" and many more.
Overall, it was a pretty interesting experience. I was amazed how the tools and medications available today have evolved so much. I could not imagine living life in the 1800s and early 1900s. Life must have been difficult and extremely painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment