Monday 21 July 2014

My First Camping Trip



I never liked the idea of camping. The thought of sleeping on the ground, even with an air mattresses, when I know I can comfortably sleep in my own bed, just didn't sound enticing to me. The notion of bugs and insects being present 24/7, made camping even more unappealing. But this year, I decided to take a leap of faith and join the 2nd Annual Divuh's Camping Trip. And it was a very wise decision because on this trip, I experienced firsthand the best, and worst possible scenarios that can occur, during a camping trip.


Who can ever pass up a road trip with friends? It is inexplicably exciting and overall a cherishable experience. We talk about everything that pops up in our mind, sing our hearts out and have a little dance party. Upon arriving at the campsite, the first order of business was to set-up camp, arrange our area to create a comfortable living space for us for the next few days. I enjoyed helping set-up our tent, and hammering the pegs to the ground - It's amusing to know that tents come in such a tiny bag, yet it has the ability to inhabit people.

We cooked meals, shared laughters, consumed an abundance of alcoholic beverages during our trip. What I particularly enjoyed was sitting by the campfire and making s'mores. I sat there comfortably, making these delectable treats. One after another. After another. We even went on a nature walk, that beautifully showcased the environment, walking by the falls, taking lots of pictures.

On the second night, mother nature decided to bless us with some rain. As the rain trickled down, we decided to vacate the campfire and put everything away, it was astounding that we managed to clear everything out in such a timely manner. After settling in our respective tents, the rainfall poured heavily, with strong gusts of wind. We played cards in the tent, while consuming beer. Naturally, my friend, Verna, was carefully observing the tent for potential leaks. Thankfully our tent survived the heavy rain we experienced the night before, with a small amount of water penetrating through, moistening the base of the tent and some of our belongings.

Our camping trip was everything and more than I ever imagined. It was a great weekend spent with the people I adore the most, we shared laughs, drinks and created beautiful memories that I will forever hold dear to my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment